NISI is looking for an AI specialist with the capability of architecting solutions that enhance the usability and functionality of next-generation medical devices for non-invasive surgical applications. The successful candidate will establish and lead a dedicated team of AI R&D engineers to develop robust machine learning (ML) algorithms and artificial neural networks (ANN) which facilitate vision-guided navigation and intelligent control of medical devices in high-complexity procedures.
- Drive the company’s approach to delivering an AI platform for proprietary medical devices that assists surgeons to visualize, navigate and execute procedures with added assurance;
- Build a strong team and lead the development/application of deep learning algorithms which effect imitation learning with neural networks using multiple types of training datasets;
- Design, implement and evaluate advanced algorithms for visual servoing, real-time motion coordination and path planning;
- Develop verification and validation protocols for software in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Participate in product development reviews and contribute to decisions that result in safe, robust and cost-effective intelligent functions for robotic medical devices; and
- Assist CTO, CEO, Director of Engineering and collaborate closely with other team leads within the business to ensure harmony between priorities and delivery.
Candidates are expected to fulfill most of the following requirements:
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, PhD degree with good academic publication track record is an advantage;
- Proven experience in the fields of AI and real-time software, leading specialized teams of data scientists and/or software engineers in designing, implementing, testing and delivering relevant commercial products;
- In-depth understanding of the ML landscape, including experience delivering capabilities that leverage deep learning and/or imitation learning technologies;
- Knowledge in VGG and/or ResNet ANN architectures is preferred;
- Proficiency with programming in Python/C++/Linux environments;
- Understanding of IEC60601, IEC62304, security and compliance constraints is a plus;
- Demonstrable thought leadership in product development and research projects, covering recent advances in AI for vision and robotic systems;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability of serving as a team leader as well as a team player; and
- Ability to coach and nurture talents internally within a company.
Primary Working Location:
- Cyberport, Hong Kong
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the post you are applying; your resume including personal particulars, employment history, current and expected salary, contact phone number and availability. All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
January 2, 2019